Toilet signs... the first of many



For years I have been sitting on Japanese toilets and sitting in Japanese baths looking at signs I could almost but not quite read (OK most of the time I didn`t have a clue!).

So I made this site...  I am happy to present our first toilet sign!  I believe it`s from a urinal, it`s not a particularly common sign but the kanji and vocab are.

Reading; す・いがら かみ ガムなどをすて・ないでください (Suigara, kami, gamu nado wo sutenaide kudasai)

Meaning; Please do not throw away cigarette butts, paper, gum etc.
Grammar note; 等 など nado means; etc


Related vocab;

吸血鬼 きゅう・けつ・き vampire (kyuuketsuki)
折り紙 おり・がみ Origami
捨てる すてる throw away (suteru)



If you liked this post please tell your friends,  subscribe and share to facebook, pinterest, twitter etc...  It will help me to continue producing interesting free material.  Please feel free to use any of the photos on this site only for non commercial use , as long as you link back to this site. Thank you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

寿司 Japanese Shops 3

Kansai Ben Part1

Kansai Ben Part 2