Recommended Japanese Resources 1 A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar


(Firstly sorry about the low quality photos, I will try to update them at some stage.)


I chose this as my first textbook review for a reason, it really is indispensable to anybody learning Japanese, you really will use it regularly, either for reference of difficult grammar points or for fantastic example sentences.  I have personally owned this book for about fifteen years and still periodically go through it and review my basic grammar.


Its format is that of a dictionary and the only negative comment I could make that it is quite dry, but it is just packed with essential information on every page.  It covers pretty much everything a beginner to intermediate student needs to know, in a couple of hundred grammar points including verbs, prepositions, adverbs etc.. (Note, it is a dictionary not a textbook so there are no exercises.)



Each entry has a huge amount of information;


It has the grammar point, English definition, grammatical usage, related expressions and about five example sentences.


Personally I  just go through and pick one or two of the example sentences for each entry and write them out in a notebook and then I can easily review a lot of grammar points in a short time.  This is my lazy study style, but for more serious students there is a lot of information there, especially in the appendixes.

Please tell me what you think about A Dictionary of Basic Grammar in the comments section.


You can help support this site by buying below from Amazon, I am an affiliate.






A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar by Seiichi Makino (1992-10-01)


For recommended Japanese Resources 2 Click here
If you liked this post please tell your friends, leave comments, subscribe and share to facebook, pinterest, twitter etc...  It will help me to continue producing interesting free material.  Please feel free to use any of the photos on this site only for non commercial use , as long as you link back to this site. ありがとう!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

寿司 Japanese Shops 3

Kansai Ben Part1

Kansai Ben Part 2